The importance of good menu design to a restaurant is self-evident. It can not only significantly increase the profit of the restaurant, but also create imaginative space for customers by using rich graphic information, and help the restaurant attract countless repeat customers.
But in our lives, many restaurants don’t pay much attention to the menu. Arbitrary menu design can lead to bad business.
The importance of good menu design
- First, will increase the cost of customer choice, reduce turnover;
- Second, it will make customers have a bad impression on the restaurant;
- Third, it will affect the customer’s dining mood. Do you think the restaurant is doing well?
Therefore, in order to prevent restaurants from “dead” on the menu, people in the restaurant industry need to learn to design menus.
Today, I’m going to discuss six principles that menu design should follow.
- Streamline the principles and highlight the key points — There are too many items on the menu, which is a common problem in restaurants.
- Clear Menu Structure — In order to provide the best ordering experience for customers, it is not just the number of items that must be appropriate. In addition, the structure of the menu should be clear and convenient for customers to choose.
- In line with brand positioning — a good menu is not only a simple a la carte tool, but also a marketing tool. This requires us to design the menu, to design based on brand positioning, the menu as the spread and extension of the brand. In this way, customers can remember us and trust us.
- The combination of text — Compared to text menus, picture menus can give consumers a stronger direct impression. On the other hand, the intuitive nature of the images saves time by making it easier for consumers to find their favorite dishes faster. At the same time, improve restaurant turnover.
- The color of the menu should be consistent — the color design of the menu can refer to the overall tone of the restaurant, try to combine the menu with the color of the restaurant. In this way, the menu can not only become the decoration of the restaurant environment, but also reflect the atmosphere of the restaurant on the menu, otherwise it is easy to bring the feeling of violation to customers, forming a bad impression.
- The materials used in the menu should conform to the positioning of the restaurant — good menu materials not only reflect the appearance quality of the menu, but also make a good first impression on the customer. Therefore, in the selection of menu materials, not only to consider the type and specifications of the restaurant, but also to consider the cost of production, according to the use of the menu reasonable choice of materials.